Idaho Employment Law Solutions News

Sign-up for our e-newsletter

Idaho Employment Law September 4, 2013 Newsletter

Unemployment Claims

Unemployment insurance benefits replace part of the income you lose when you become unemployed. It is a benefit available to workers who are out of work through no fault of their own. This means to be eligible, you must have been laid off due to lack of work, voluntarily quit with good cause connected with employment or were discharged but not for misconduct.

Unemployment insurance benefits are funded through a tax on employers, which is collected by the Idaho Department of Labor and placed in a federal trust fund. Money from that fund can be used for unemployment benefits and for no other purpose. The money you collect in unemployment insurance benefits is drawn from taxes contributed solely by employers. In Idaho, employees do not contribute to unemployment taxes. Nothing comes out of your paycheck to support unemployment insurance.

Idaho Employment Law Solutions can help you navigate the process of filing for unemployment, and if you feel that you have received a determination you don’t agree with, contact us. We can help you prepare an appeal. We understand the difficulty you may be going through in situations like these and will do our best to help you navigate the process. We pride ourselves on being attuned to our clients’ objectives.


Labor History

Last Wednesday marked the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. On August 28, 1963, Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his "I Have a Dream" speech to over 200,000 supporters of the civil rights movement. His powerful speech was a clarion call to end racism in the US and became a defining moment of the American Civil Rights Movement.

Frequently Asked Questions on Labor Law in Idaho

Q. What happens if I am overpaid by unemployment benefits?

A. Benefits are paid based on the eligibility information available at the time you file your weekly report. An overpayment may occur if the Department receives additional or contradictory information relating to your eligibility after benefits have been paid to you. If based on new information the Department determines that you were ineligible for benefits you already received, you will be notified by mail that an overpayment has been established on your claim. You will be required to pay back the overpayment in full.



Past Newsletters

August 15, 2013 Newsletter

August 7, 2013 Newsletter

July 23, 2013 Newsletter

July 2, 2013 Newsletter